Le CreusetHeritage 2-Quart Cast Iron Tart Tatin Dish
Be the first to
Legend has it that this beloved dessert originated in the kitchen of the Tatin sisters, who operated a hotel in the French town of Lamotte-Beuvron. While making a pie for guests, one sister mistakenly placed the prepared apples in the dish first. She decided to lay the pastry crust on top, and turn it out after it finished baking. The result was unusual, but delicious, and it became the signature dish of Hotel Tatin. Named for this famous French upside-down apple tart, the enameled cast iron Tart Tatin is a capable alternative for a variety of recipes like pizza and quiche when used in place of a conventional pie dish.
- cast iron
- Inverted handles for flipping the dish to release contents
- Shallow design for baking traditional pastries, pies and quiches
- Even heat distribution and superior heat retention
- Durable, nonreactive sand-colored interior enamel that resists chipping and cracking
- Ceramic, electric, gas, halogen, induction, outdoor grill, oven
- Dishwasher safe
- Approx. 9.75"diameter; 2"H x 12"W
- capacity approx. 2 quarts
DMS: 0724 555 L2129-2567
Since 1925, Le Creuset has been renowned as the colorful French companion in kitchens across the globe. Defined by three essential truths, Les Trois Vérités, we’re more than just cookware. As the first, finest and favorite, we’re honored to share in the meals, memories and traditions made by food lovers around the world.
Ratings & Reviews
No reviewsRated 0 out of 5 starsRated 0 out of 5 starsRated 0 out of 5 starsRated 0 out of 5 starsRated 0 out of 5 stars